382 Victoria Street
Victoria 3121 Australia
Ph: +61 3 9428 9372
2/85 Hunter Lane
Hornsby NSW 2077.
PH :1300 856 245
Terms & Conditions
Toll pass $10.00 on all vehicle rentals enables trouble free motoring with unlimted use on toll roads.
Booking Deposits, Booking Insurance, Payments and Refunds.
Deposits and Payments.
A Deposit of 20% is required to book/reserve a motorcycle. Cash or Credit Card.
Balance of rental payment is processed 4 weeks from rental start date, on the credit card originally provided for the deposit.(It is the renters responsibility to notify us if another card is to be used for the balance.)
For rentals one week prior, including and one week after MotoGP and Superbikes a 50% Deposit is required at time of booking and balance is processed 8 weeks from rental start date.
Booking fees are deducted from the total hire cost.
Payments - Cash, Eftpos, Visa, Mastercard, Amex.
Booking cancellation fees apply see below Cancellation Policy.
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS POLICY:
Bookings Cancelled: Australian MotoGP & Australian/World Superbike Races:
There are no refunds under any circumstances for vehicles booked for pick up one week prior to, the weekend of, and one week after the Australian MotoGP or Australian/World Superbike races. (this includes but not limited to accident, sickness, inclement weather or change of mind.) We advise taking travel insurance as some companies will cover this.
Booking insurance does not cover bookings for above motogp or superbike weeks.
Bookings Cancelled: All other times
- More than 30 days before rental start date - No fee applicable
Between 14-29 days before rental start date - 20% of the rental cost. Less than 14 days before rental start date - 100% of the rental cost.
- Booking insurance is available for "All other times" terms below.
Booking insurance terms:
To protect your booking deposit you can purchase booking insurance.
- This is a great option for those who might wish to transfer their booking to another date, without losing the booking deposit. This can be for any reason e.g. inclemant weather, sickness or change of plans
- price of insurance is 10% of the total rental price (minimum of AU$ 20.00).
- insurance is due in advance at time of booking and deposit paid.
- insurance can only be used once.
- All Scooter rentals in Victoria require a motorcycle specific license, not car license.
Learners and "P" plate licence's are acceptable for LAMS (Learner Approved Motorcycle Scheme) motorcycles. For the safety of our customers Garners reserves the right to refuse any rental if appropriate riding skills cannot be demonstrated.
Full Australian, international or Country of origin licence's are acceptable if in English.
All licences must show motorcycle endorsement clearly.
If licence is not in English or the motorcycle endorsement is not clear then you must have international license stating clearly motorcyle endorsement.
Passport identification is also required for international riders.
The minimum age to rent a motorcycle is 21.
21-23 year olds can ride up to 650cc lams approved bikes.
Those without a current Motorcycle licence may hire Trail Bikes for use on private property only.
Full Australian, international or Country of origin licence's are acceptable if in English.
If licence is not in English then you must have an international drivers licence.
The minimum age to rent a car is 21.
- All vehicles (not off road bikes) are supplied with a full tank of Unleaded fuel and must be returned with a full tank of unleaded fuel.
- $50.00 AU will be charged for road bikes returned without a full tank, and $100.00 for cars.
- Pre Purchased Fuel. For those who prefer not to visit the service station on the return trip you can pre pay for a full tank before you leave our store and just return the vehicle without a full tank. Must be purchased prior to vehicle pick up.
- A Security deposit is required on all hires and varies depending on motorcycle.
- The Bond is an authorisation over the funds on a credit card and is made available immediatly once the bike is returned undamaged, full of fuel and on time.
- If the motorcycle is returned late then the hourly rate will be charged up to 5 hours thereafter the full daily rate will apply.
- All vehicles must be returned clean or a fee of $50 per vehicle will be incurred.
- Motorcycles traveling out of the Melbourne City will encounter toll roads.
- A Toll pass will be automatically added to your rental at a cost of $10 and this will cover you for any where you wish to go in the state of Victoria.( Great Ocean Rd, Yarra Valley, Phillip Island.etc) if you are riding out of the state of Victoria an aditional $10 per state is applicable)
- It is not recommended but if you prefer to pay the tolls as you go then:
- If Garners hire bikes receives any unpaid toll notices incurred
within the contract period, for the bike hired by you, then as per our Terms and
Conditions your credit card will be charged with the toll fee, any administration
fees charged by the toll company and our administration fee of $50 per notice.
- An Additional Rider / Driver can be added to your insurance cover for $5 per day.
- Insurance for personal injury is covered in most cases by Motorcycle Registration TAC.
- Insurance excess is double (2 X) the security Bond e.g. Bond $2000 = Excess $4000.
- Reducing insurance excess options:
- 1. Standard -Full Standard Insurance Drivers over 23yr. Damage Excess =2 x Bond. Cost $0.00
- 2. Stress Less - Damage Excess reduced by 50%. Damage Excess = Bond. $16.00 per day
- 3. Calm - Bond & Damage Excess reduced to $1500 Max. $24 per day.
- 4. Restricted License or 21 - 23 Year old - Full Insurance. Damage Excess= 2 x Bond. $10 per day.
Excess reduction not available on trail bike rentals.
- Aussie Motorcycle Hire/ Garners Motorcycles/Ride Australia Bike Rentals must be notified as soon as possible and an accident report filled out.
- Should the renter require another motorcycle, an additional security Bond is required.
- Personal belongings are not insured by Aussie Motorcycle Hire / Garners Motorcycles /Ride Australia Bike Rentals and travel insurance is recommended.
- Water damage is not covered. Renter assumes full responsibility for all repairs if bike is water damaged.
- All insurance cover is void if rental agreement is breached and the renter becomes fully liable for the motorcycle, third parties and there vehicles if damaged and all other damages and costs relating to the accident.
- Road Bikes - Basic Motorcycle insurance cover is included in the rental charges. The basic cover includes damage to the motorcycle, theft of the motorcycle (road bikes only no theft cover on dirt / trail bikes) and third party property. (Excess applies), Cable locks are supplied with all road bikes at the renters request.
- The hirer is liable under all circumstances if a dirt bike / trail bike motorcycle is stolen.
The terms and options outlined in above are subject to the normal conditions of hire relating to speeding, drink driving, unauthorized use of a vehicle, riding on the wrong side of the road and similar matters contained in the Motorcycle Rental agreement.
Travel insurance and ambulance cover
- We strongly advise all our customers to obtain travel insurance before they arrive to collect their motorcycle.
- We strongly advise that all Australian customers to be Ambulance subscribers.
- Goods and services taxes (GST) of 10% are included in rental prices.
- Prices include unlimited KMs.
- Helmet usage is compulsory in Australia.
- Any equipment returned damaged (fair wear and tear excluded) will incur a replacement fee.
- Most motorcycle accessories are available for hire.
After Hours number is given when rental commences.
- Garners Motorcycle Hire will not pay for any towing charges, in the case of an accident or breakdown always call Garners Hire Bikes for instructions. Depending on distance and availability Garners Hire Bikes may send a rescue van, if this is not available then towing will be arranged for you. Note: If the hirer organizes their own towing then it is at hirer's expense. If towing is organized by the hirer then the hirer is also liable for any damage caused by the towing company. (Tow companies do not tow motorcycles often and in most cases do not have the expertise to tie them down without damage.)
- The Hirer will be charged $100 call out fee if the bike has simply run out of petrol. It is the Hirer's responsibility to ensure the bike has adequate fuel at all times. Road bikes have a full tank at time of departure.
- If the Hirer runs out of fuel please do not continue trying to start the bike as it will just flatten the battery. So when you do get fuel the bike will still not start.
- Garners Motorcycle Hire has fully serviced late model motorcycles, however if minor repairs of up to $50.00 are required, this is allowed without authorization (Road bikes Only).
- For repairs above $50 please contact us for authorization and the location of your nearest repair center.(Road bikes only)
- Receipts are required for reimbursement and an after hours number is provided, if any problems occur.
- Regular oil checks, chain lubing and adjustment are the responsibility of the renter.
- Tools and chain lubes supplied. (Long term hire only)
- In the unlikely event of an accident Garners Hire Bikes must be contacted first.
BREAKDOWN OR ACCIDENT - Phone Number given at time of rental.
1300 856 245 (8.30am to 5.30pm) Mon - Fri
+61 3 9428 9372 (9am to 1.00pm) Sat
- Please Note:Garners Motorcycle Hire will not pay for any towing charges, in the case of an accident or breakdown always call Garners Motorcycle Hire for instructions. Depending on distance and availability Garners Motorcycle Hire may send a rescue van, if this is not available then towing will be arranged for you. Note: If the hirer organizes their own towing then it is at hirer's expense. If towing is organized by the hirer then the hirer is also liable for any damage caused by the towing company. (Tow companies do not tow motorcycles often and in most cases do not have the expertise to tie them down without damage.)
One-way hire fees: From Melbourne
- Melbourne Melbourne no charge
- Melbourne Sydney $249
- Melbourne Brisbane $349
- Melbourne Cairns $699
- Melbourne Perth $799
- Melbourne - Adelaide $299
- Melbourne - Darwin $799
- Sydney Sydney No Charge
- Sydney Melbourne $249
- Sydney Brisbane $220
- Sydney Cairns $495
- Sydney Perth $495
- Sydney - Adelaide $395
- Sydney - Darwin $799
Other Rental Conditions
- Minimum rental rate is 4 hrs.
- Weekend Bookings - Pick up Sat 9am & return Monday before 9:00am.
- Early pickup after 3pm Friday add $45.00 .
- Cleaning fee of $50 per bike returned dirty.
- Garners Motorcycle Hire reserves the right to refuse any rental at its discretion.
- Vehiclesmmay vary due to availability.
Shop does not have to be open to return bike. Bike returns to lock box ok if arranged prior to pick up.