Terms & Conditions
Credit Card Fees
All credit card transactions have a 1% merchant fee.
If paying by American Express please allow a 4% merchant fee.
Learners and "P" plate licence's are acceptable for 250cc and LAMS approved motorcycles. For the safety of our customers Garners reserves the right to refuse any rental if appropriate riding skills cannot be demonstrated.
Full Australian, international or Country of origin licence's are acceptable if in English.
All licences must show motorcycle endorsement clearly.
If licence is not in English then you must have international licence stating clearly motorcyle endorsement.
Passport identification is also required for international riders.
The minimum age is 23 for motorcycles 600cc and above (Excludes Harley Davidsons)
- The Minimum age for Harley Davidson rentals is 25.
- Those without a current Motorcycle licence may hire Trail Bikes for use on private property only.
- All Road Bikes (NOT OFF ROAD BIKES) are supplied full of Unleaded fuel and request that the motorcycles be returned full.
- $50.00 AU will be charged for road bikes returned without a full tank.
- A Security deposit is required on all hires and varies depending on motorcycle.
- The deposit is fully refundable provided the motorcycle is returned undamaged, full of fuel and on time.
- Security deposits are required on a current credit card and monies are banked until motorcycle is returned as above.
- All credit card transactions have a 1% merchant fee. If paying by American Express please allow a 2% merchant fee.
- If the motorcycle is returned late then the hourly rate will be charged up to 5 hours thereafter the full daily rate will apply.
- All bikes must be returned clean or a fee of $40 per bike will be incurred.
- Motorcycles traveling out of the Melbourne City will encounter toll roads.
- A Toll pass will be automatically added to your rental at a cost of $10 and this will cover you for any where you wish to go in the state of Victoria.( Great Ocean Rd, Yarra Valley, Phillip Island.etc) if you are riding out of the state of Victoria an aditional $10 per state is applicable)
- It is not recommended but if you prefer to pay the tolls as you go then:
- If Garners hire bikes receives any unpaid toll notices incurred
within the contract period, for the bike hired by you, then as per our Terms and
Conditions we will charge your credit card with the toll fee, any administration
fees charged by the toll company and our administration fee of $50 per notice.
- An Additional rider can be added to your insurance cover for $5 per day.
- Insurance for personal injury is covered in most cases by Motorcycle Registration TAC.
- Insurance excess is double (2 X) the security Bond e.g. Bond $2000 = Excess $4000.
- Reducing insurance excess.
For $16.00 AU per day for full license holders ($24 per day for learner permit, Probationary license holders or anyone under 25 years old.), the renter has the option to reduce the excess to 50% of the normal standard excess amount. Road Bikes Only.
Not available on trail bike rentals.
- Aussie Motorcycle Hire/ Garners Motorcycles/Ride Australia Bike Rentals must be notified as soon as possible and an accident report filled out.
- Should the renter require another motorcycle, an additional security Bond is required.
- Personal belongings are not insured by Aussie Motorcycle Hire / Garners Motorcycles /Ride Australia Bike Rentals and travel insurance is recommended.
- Water damage is not covered. Renter assumes full responsibility for all repairs if bike is water damaged.
- All insurance cover is void if rental agreement is breached and the renter becomes fully liable for the motorcycle, third parties and there vehicles if damaged and all other damages and costs relating to the accident.
- Road Bikes - Basic Motorcycle insurance cover is included in the rental charges. The basic cover includes damage to the motorcycle, theft of the motorcycle (road bikes only no theft cover on dirt / trail bikes) and third party property. (Excess applies), Cable locks are supplied with all road bikes at the renters request.
- The hirer is liable under all circumstances if a dirt bike / trail bike motorcycle is stolen.
The terms and options outlined in above are subject to the normal conditions of hire relating to speeding, drink driving, unauthorized use of a vehicle, riding on the wrong side of the road and similar matters contained in the Motorcycle Rental agreement.
Travel insurance and ambulance cover
- We strongly advise all overseas customers to obtain travel insurance before they arrive to collect their motorcycle.
- We strongly advise that all Australian customers to be Ambulance subscribers.
- Goods and services taxes (GST) of 10% are included in rental prices.
- Prices include unlimited KMs.
- Helmet usage is compulsory in Australia.
- Any equipment returned damaged (fair wear and tear excluded) will incur a replacement fee.
- Most motorcycle accessories are available for hire.
After Hours number is given when rental commences.
- Garners Motorcycle Hire will not pay for any towing charges, in the case of an accident or breakdown always call Garners Hire Bikes for instructions. Depending on distance and availability Garners Hire Bikes may send a rescue van, if this is not available then towing will be arranged for you. Note: If the hirer organizes their own towing then it is at hirer's expense. If towing is organized by the hirer then the hirer is also liable for any damage caused by the towing company. (Tow companies do not tow motorcycles often and in most cases do not have the expertise to tie them down without damage.)
- The Hirer will be charged $100 call out fee if the bike has simply run out of petrol. It is the Hirer's responsibility to ensure the bike has adequate fuel at all times. Road bikes have a full tank at time of departure.
- If the Hirer runs out of fuel please do not continue trying to start the bike as it will just flatten the battery. So when you do get fuel the bike will still not start.
- Garners Motorcycle Hire has fully serviced late model motorcycles, however if minor repairs of up to $50.00 are required, this is allowed without authorization (Road bikes Only).
- For repairs above $50 please contact us for authorization and the location of your nearest repair center.(Road bikes only)
- Receipts are required for reimbursement and an after hours number is provided, if any problems occur.
- Regular oil checks, chain lubing and adjustment are the responsibility of the renter.
- Tools and chain lubes supplied. (Long term hire only)
- In the unlikely event of an accident Garners Hire Bikes must be contacted first.
BREAKDOWN OR ACCIDENT - Phone Number given at time of rental.
(03) 9326 8676 (9am to 5.30pm) Mon - Fri
(03) 9326 8676 (9am to 1.00pm) Sat -Sun
- Please Note:Garners Motorcycle Hire will not pay for any towing charges, in the case of an accident or breakdown always call Garners Motorcycle Hire for instructions. Depending on distance and availability Garners Motorcycle Hire may send a rescue van, if this is not available then towing will be arranged for you. Note: If the hirer organizes their own towing then it is at hirer's expense. If towing is organized by the hirer then the hirer is also liable for any damage caused by the towing company. (Tow companies do not tow motorcycles often and in most cases do not have the expertise to tie them down without damage.)
One-way hire fees:
- Melbourne Sydney $299 AUD
- Melbourne Brisbane $549 AUD
- Melbourne Cairns $849 AUD
- Melbourne Perth $849 AUD
- Melbourne - Adelaide $440 AUD
- Melbourne - Darwin $990 AUD
Booking Fees & Payments
- A booking fee of $100.00 or 20% of the total hire fee (which ever is greater) is required to book/reserve a motorcycle. (Cash or Credit card).
- Booking fees are fully refundable provided that 14 or more days notice is given to Garners Hire Bikes prior to the planned pick up date.
- Booking fees are deducted from the total hire cost.
- Payments - Cash, Eftpos, Visa, Mastercard,Amex.
Other Rental conditions
- Minimum rental rate is 4 hrs.
- Weekend Bookings - Pick up Sat 9am & return Monday before 10:00am.
- Early pickup after 3pm Friday add $25.00 .
- Cleaning fee of $40 per bike returned dirty.
- Garners Motorcycle Hire reserves the right to refuse any rental at its discretion.
- Motorcycles may vary due to availability.
- Opening Hours Mon - Fri 8.30am - 5.30pm
- Saturday 9.00am - 1.00pm
- Sunday 9.00am - 1.00pm.